These technologies will create industries that will shape the world over the next 10-20 years, along with creating new opportunities to integrate disparate datasets – coming from many different sources.
Geospatial datasets underpin the brave new world of robotics and smart cities, and can be augmented with sensor data and advanced AI-based image recognition. Challenges and opportunities for the public sector include breaking down silos between departments, balancing open data and privacy, public / private collaboration, leveraging technology advances, and understanding the implications of technology on the future tax base.
By showing how cutting edge technology developments can be leveraged to provide a new generation of government services, as well as identifying increasing risks in the area of data security and privacy, Shara will provide you with insights that will help you navigate the new world of ubiquitous connectivity.
Technology topics covered in this speech include:
- Technology Mega-Trends — An intro to the world of emerging technologies (augmented reality, virtual reality, 3D visualisation, biometrics and the Internet of Things) and how the public sector can leverage these technologies for the visualisation of spatial datasets and 3D city + infrastructure planning
- Smart Cities — Bringing infrastructure to life with sensors, IoT connections, robots and drones
- Self Driving Cars + Cars of the Future — Exploring the latest in automotive technologies, robot vision, vehicle sensors, vehicle-to-vehicle communications, along with the ripple effect driverless cars will have on the economy
- Automation — Understanding how Robotics and Artificial Intelligence will change the employment landscape, create new opportunities and industries, enable innovative ways to leverage image recognition technologies, as well as raising huge challenges for government entities that don’t embrace disruption
- The Next Wave of Big Data — How Artificial Intelligence will transform information silos, perform advanced voice recognition, facial + object recognition, and emotion detection.
- A Look Into the Future — How the convergence of biotech, ICT, nanotechnologies and augmentation of our bodies may change what it means to be human. And, the implications for tomorrow’s workforce.