Wearable, implantable and ingestible devices, massive changes in the automotive sector, sensor networks, new form factors for phones and tablets, home automation, drones, the Internet of Things, cloud services, security and privacy, and the latest telecom technologies may seem loosely connected.
But if you look more closely, you’ll see a common pattern of communications technologies underpinning new markets, along with new service and product segments targeted at both consumer and business customers. Future service opportunities are already unfolding, you just need to know where to look.
Shara elaborates on how to do this, for example spotting technologies and trends early, and translating them into viable business strategies. Providing these insights into the technologies that are shaping new service sectors is essential to your success in the future.
Topics covered include:
- The technologies and trends that are creating new service and product markets
- Leading edge innovation in transport and logistics, whitegoods, agriculture, and many other industries that require ubiquitous communications networks
- Six new service sectors that any company offering telecom-related services should consider
- Consumer and technology trends that will be essential for the global growth of your business
- Cutting edge research on the wide range of gadgets, technologies, and trends that will impact telecom services (and everyone that uses these services).